Water Damage Restoration Las Vegas
If your home has been damaged by water, regardless of floods or broken pipes, give us a call right away. Water can cause a lot of damage but it can be significantly reduced if the correct steps are taken right away.
Our experienced staff is ready to dispatch to your home and begin the restoration process on the spot. Before we get there here are some steps you could follow to minimize further damage:
- If you’re dealing with a broken pipe turn off the water as quickly as possible.
- Turn off the electricity from the breaker if it’s safe to go down to it. Also unplug and remove electrical devices that may become overrun with water. Once again only do this if it’s safe.
- Don’t walk on wet carpets if you can avoid it. Walking on wet areas may increase the damage or push water further down the floor underneath it.
- Raise furniture by placing things underneath their corners so that water doesn’t reach them. Also raise drapes and tie them up if possible.
- Find the areas that are dry and keep them in mind for when our restoration staff arrives and begins moving things to the dry area.
- Don’t try to vacuum water out of anywhere because you may electrocute yourself in the process.
- If the water damage is mixed in with sewage do not turn on fans, heat or air conditioning as these things may aggravate the damage.
Our Restoration Process
At First Choice Carpet and Tile Care we employ multiple water damage restorers to work at the same time around the clock so that the process is sped up. One member of our staff may start removing water using extraction machines. Other members may begin moving all valuables and furniture to dry areas. And another member will begin the drying and dehumidifying process.
Simply removing the visible water from a water damaged home isn’t enough to protect it. Any moisture that is still present may develop bacteria and mold. This is why drying and dehumidifying is also employed. First Choice Carpet and Tile Care also uses special tools to find hidden pockets of water underneath floor boards or between walls that may otherwise be undetected.
Our professional staff will continue to monitor the restoration process every day until it is complete. Drying and dehumidifying machines will be moved as well when required.
In addition to focusing on getting looks and odor out from a water damaged home, we also inspect the foundation and structure to determine if any critical part of the home has been damaged.